Saturday 11 September 2010

Motivation

Escapes me. I really don't have the drive to do anything recently. I finally got dressed at 4pm. Wanted to go out and perhaps shoot some pictures of my beloved BJDs; Ameri and Solaris earlier - but I know I lack inspiration and most of my photos will be boring. Plus; my parents are at home and out in the garden over the weekend - and I don't like non-BJD people watching me while I photograph them. Even my own parents will make smart-ass remarks about me playing with dolls.
I try not to care and just focus on the joy and curiosity - and sometimes even artistic drive that BJDs give me. I learned some basic sewing techniques and took up jewellery-making because of BJDs.

I've just sat and stared at the computer today. Surfing aimlessly; just clicking page-by-page... I don't even have the drive to role-play via MSN today; something which I've been doing almost every day for the past 2 years. I know my RP partner will be disappointed; but I just can't find a way to explain it to her without her feeling a bit put out. I don't mean to make her upset; my moods just won't allow me to concentrate on things for very long, and my creativity is sorely lacking today.

I did manage to make myself sit for about an hour and make up some jewellery bits to sell in the shop I work above 2 days a week though. It was only a bracelet and necklace - but I still feel proud of myself for achieving them. I look at my creations and think to myself "Wow... I made that.."

Necklace - 3 beads strung on to Supplemax [illusion cord] and held in place with crimp beads. Lobster clasp closure.


Close-up of the beads.

The bracelet. Faceted blue(ish) beads and clear seed beads strung on to more Supplemax. Lobster clasp closure.


P.S. I'd like to remember all those who died in the 9/11 attack 9 years ago. Peace be with you and strength to your families to live on. Nobody is ever truly forgotten. Fear and sorrow should not dictate to us how we live our lives.

2 comments:

  1. i have been lacking motivation as well. i've been forcing myself to study for the whole day now. it's killing me. i love that bracelet you made! do you do crystals as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *nods* If I can buy them - I'll happily make jewellery with them xD

    *hugs for your studying* Well done :) Now, take a break :P

    ReplyDelete